Even if you've been living under a rock you'd know that we have got ourselves a new teaching space and we are racing to get it up and running as soon as possible. (by the end of July).
An old bungalow, tucked away in the by lanes of Collector's Colony in Chembur Camp. A ground + terrace affair, with a garden on 2 sides
To reclaim the bungalow from decrepidation and restore it to serve as a space for us to teach from.
- The garden needs plants
- The composting tanks need holes and churning.
- The garden floods and hence needs stepping stones
- The veranda, (our sit out) needs furniture.
- The walls need a lick of paint
- 3 wall mounted workbenches need building for the collab room.
- 2 large permanent workbenches need building for the workshop.
- Corkboards need to be put up for tool storage
- The wash basin needs a mosaic splash back.
- Toilet windows need a stained glass fixture.
- The terrace needs a set of benches and a barbecue pit.
What you might learn?
- Concrete molding and pouring
- Gardening, composting
- Mosaic setting
- Stained glass (without firing though)
Skills you need to volunteer?
You can volunteer if
- You have no expertise in any of the above.
- You are an expert in any of the above
- You have a passion for working with your hands.
- You are working and can help out after work from 7pm to 9pm.
- You are a not working and can give 3 to 4 hours a day.
- You are above 18.
If you think you want to learn something new or share your skill with a community you should volunteer. Teams of 2 or 3 will be knocking off various tasks with the help of a mentor so relax, you can't do anything wrong. Wait, what we mean is you can't do anything wrong that will cause lasting damage and whatever damage it does cause is "on us" so lets just learn from our mistakes.
How do you volunteer
Register with us using this registration form and in case of any query contact us on reach_us@ vforwood.com. We are taking on just 5 volunteers, in addition to our mentors.