Back at the workshop, I proceeded to show Sachin how to strengthen a section at a time. We attacked one complete square. First, the joints were loose, we drilled out the dowel, expanded the hole a tiny bit and drove in a larger dowel. We did this for all 4 corners and then we cut a long diagonal brace from 12mm ply and cross braced the square.
Last week, when everybody was in Mumbai, I was asked to begin the workshop and also give S and S a list of the tools, etc to provision the workshop. I'm very, very pleased with the bamboo structure that I've designed and got built. So much was learnt. Even now there are a few leaks to be plugged and tools to be sorted out. But the workshop is ready; Sachin can be taught and more importantly, he can practice. In fact the first thing that we did was repair an old Sheesam table and repurpose it as a workbench.
The workshop is now ready for anybody to come and work, learn and practice. I can imagine a few of Mohraan's guests coming in here and making some really cool projects using the resources of the farm itself and the tools that populate the workshop.